ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Our Church Vision Statement
Enfield Congregational, United Church of Christ strives to display the love of Christ by providing a warm, welcoming, supportive church community that is open to everyone and offers the opportunity to:
- Be disciples of Christ and grow in our individual faith journey through creative worship services, Bible studies, and prayer group programs;
- Participate in our flourishing Sunday School and youth programs where children are encouraged to express themselves in a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment;
- Embrace the gifts that God has given us to flow through us to further all God’s work including participating in our expanding local and global outreaching ministries, enriching the lives of all involved;
- Be servants of Christ and active participants in our thriving, vital, and vibrant church.
Our Purpose and Mission
The purpose and mission of this church is:
- to unite those who profess to be followers of Jesus Christ;
- to understand, receive and proclaim the Gospel;
- to live and grow in grace;
- to be the people of God;
- to realize Christian fellowship and unity in this church and the Church Universal;
- to be servants of Christ in the service of humanity;
- to seek the kingdom of God;
- to promote faith, justice and peace, and
- to go forth, invite and reach out with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34) NRSV
Who We Are
We are moderate-sized, family-oriented, theologically progressive New England church. We have had worship services in our present building since 1849. Through our many missions we seek to minister to our local and wider community missions… read more here…
We invite you to visit with us, pray with us, to work on spreading God’s word and love with us. If you are looking for a Church home, remember you are welcome here. We hope to see you on Sunday morning.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in you O God, Eternal Spirit,
God of our Savior Jesus Christ and our God,
and to your deeds we testify:
You call the worlds into being create persons in your own image,
and set before each one the ways of life and death.
You seek in holy love to… read our full Statement here
Stillspeaking. It’s the shorter form of “God is still speaking,” a campaign by the United Church of Christ to remind us that God still has a lot more to say. Since 2004, Stillspeaking has worked with thousands of UCC churches and individuals across the country to make religion relevant again and to extend an extravagant welcome to all—because no matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you’re welcome here. Here at the United Church of Christ.
Learn more here…
More About the United Church of Christ
Our Church History
A Brief Account of Church History
Enfield Congregation, United Church of Christ enjoys a long history. Our church was authorized in 1680 and our first building was very small, and was located at what is now the entrance to the Enfield Street Cemetery and was built in 1683. Enfield was a rapidly growing town and…
Click here to find out more about our church history here…